How To Change An Employee's Pay Rate or Salary

How To Change An Employee's Pay Rate or Salary

This article explains how to change a pay rate or salary for an employee

Updates to Pay Rates or Salary can only be made by a Manager.

  • Select Employees from the menu
  • Select the name of the employee requiring updates
  • Scroll down to the Payroll Section
  • Select the current Pay Rate listed
  • A drawer on the right side of the screen will open
  • Enter the New Rate, the Type (hourly or annually)
  • Select the Effective Period (note that changes to pay rates can only be made effective the current or prior pay period if payroll has not been processed)
  • Select Save

    • Related Articles

    • Change How Often You Pay Your Team

      Updating your pay cycle with Hourly  Written by Andrea Montenegro If you need to change how often you pay your Employees, Workers or 1099's in Hourly: Select Settings Select Pay Cycle Select Edit On the calendar shown, click on the date that your new ...
    • How To View And Download Employee Pay Stubs

      This article explains how to download your employee pay stubsComplete the following steps to view and download employee pay stubs: Written by Andrea Montenegro ​ Select Employees from the menu Select the employee you need to download pay stubs for ...
    • How To Manually Enter Employee Hours

      Written by Ellen Sochoux A manager or supervisor can easily enter employee hours manually, either for the whole pay period, or on a daily basis.   To enter employee hours for the entire pay cycle: Select Shifts from the menu Select Manual Timesheet  ...
    • How To Process Payroll For A Specific Employee or Employees

      This article will explain the steps to follow if you need to pay one specific employee or a group of specified employees If you need to process payroll for one, or multiple employees without completing your company's pay period, follow the steps ...
    • How To Update Employee Tax Information

      This article explains how to make changes to employee tax withholdings Each employee should complete the form W-4 for their federal tax withholdings and the applicable state tax form upon hire. Only certain states withhold state taxes and each uses ...