How To Update Employee Tax Information
This article explains how to make changes to employee tax withholdings
Each employee should complete the form W-4 for their federal tax withholdings and the applicable state tax form upon hire. Only certain states withhold state taxes and each uses their own distinct form.
You'll want to reference your employee's completed forms when logging in to the system.
- Select Employees from the menu
- Select the employee requiring changes from the employee list
- Scroll down to the Payroll section of the employee profile to Tax Info
- Hover over the current entry (defaults to W-2 Employee)
- Select the pencil icon
- A drawer on the right side of the screen will appear
- Under the Federal tab you can now edit the Employment Type, Social Security Number, Hire Date, Family Status, Allowances, Additional Withholdings and Claim Exemptions
- Select the State tab and edit the Family Status, Allowances, Additional Withholdings and Claim Exemptions
- Select Save